Insitu tests are an essential component of the site investigation by helping to determine the engineering characteristics and behaviour of the ground. Geotechnical Engineering Limited provides a full range of in situ testing, carried out by our own in-house trained engineering geologists and technicians.
Whether you require simple parameters obtained by lightweight, handheld equipment or more complex testing, we can undertake the work to industry standards or if preferred, your own specification. We undertake a wide range of downhole testing, whether it be a straightforward Standard Penetration Test or more complex geophysical or pressuremeter testing.
Drainage characteristics and Permeability determinations can be obtained from a wide range of in situ tests including basic soakaway and drainage tests, variable or constant head testing or packer testing
Where insitu testing requirements cannot be completed in-house, we turn to our carefully selected and approved subcontractors; many of which we have a long and well-established working relationship.
- Dynamic Cone Penetrometer, Mackintosh Probing, Dynamic Probing
- California Bearing Tests, Mexeprobes
- In situ density testing
- Plate bearing tests, Zone tests
- Standard Penetration Testing, Pressuremeter and dilatometer tests, Field Vane
- Permeability testing, soakaways, packer testing
- Electrical resistivity, thermal conductivity