Work Experience and University Placements



Work experience or a university placement will give you the advantage you need when you are applying for a job or a university place.

Which placement?

If you are still at school or college, we can offer you up to two weeks' work experience. You will need to be at least 15 years old and have some interest in the work we do.

If you are at university, we can offer flexible placements from a few days to a year. You will need to studying for a relevant earth science-based subject and have plenty of initiative and enthusiasm.  A full driving licence is essential.


The application process for yearlong placements (2017-2018) and summer placements (2017) is now closed.


There are limited places left for short term work experience for the autumn of 2017.


How do I apply?

You will need to send us your CV and a covering letter, explaining why you would like to take up a placement with us and which dates you would prefer.  Any questions? Please contact Justine Surman (

What else?

We will liaise with your tutors to take care of health and safety and insurance and we will deal with all the documentation that you will need. In return, we expect a positive commitment to join in and learn, as well as perfect time-keeping.











Share this: